Why We Ride
The Victory Ride to Cure Cancer presented by Braswell Family Farms is no ordinary bike ride. We are taking on cancer. We ride for the 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women who will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. We ride to celebrate the survivors and honor those we have lost. We ride to support research locally and throughout the U.S. Ask your family and friends to support your efforts. It is simple – our team will provide the tools and help you with every step. Set unique goals to match your ride – it’s up to you. Make this your Victory as we unite to stop cancer.
Join the Victory Ride
- Register for FREE for the Victory Ride to Cure Cancer, and receive your rider toolkit.
- Already registered? Login to see the latest updates.
Ride Your Way
- Chart your own course: any distance, any time, using any wheels you like, the entire month of August. Check out our training guide for more information.
- Join our Strava club to track your miles with other Victory Ride participants.
Define Your Goals
- It’s easy to start raising funds for innovative cancer research. 100% of every dollar you raise goes to cancer research. Click here for your fundraising checklist.
- See our top fundraisers.
- In addition to the fundraising rewards, participants will have the opportunity each week and overall to vie for cycling and non-cycling competitions.
- See our weekly winners.
Share Your Experience
- Engage with us on social media@TheVictoryRide, and share images and videos of your rides using #MyVictory.
- Tell your #MyVictory story by sharing who you ride for or how you have been touched by cancer.
- Show your “Don’t Ever Give Up!” spirit.
- Let us cheer for you when you hit a personal best or reach your fundraising milestone!
- Add the Victory Ride picture frame to your profile on Facebook. Simply click on the camera icon on your profile picture to update.
- Share your participation using your Victory Ride Social Media Toolkit
Get Ready for Your Ride
- Print your bib.
- Join our virtual kickoff party on July 30. Details coming soon!
- Read our FAQs:
- Can I register for FREE? Yes! All new participants can register for free.
- What if I already paid registration fees? Any previously paid entry fees will be applied to your funds raised.
- Where does the money go? 100% of rider-raised funds benefit cancer research at Duke Cancer Institute, UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Wake Forest Baptist Health Comprehensive Cancer Center, as well as breakthrough cancer research nationwide.
- Is there a fundraising minimum? No, however we encourage all riders to raise at least $250. If at the $250 benchmark, you will receive complimentary registration for the 2021 ride.
- How do I get my fundraising rewards? Don’t worry! The Victory Ride shirt and other rewards will be distributed after August.
- How do the Victory Ride Matching Gifts work? Two generous sponsors, KPMG and Builders Mutual, have pledged to match every dollar up to $5,000 each, to the V Foundation for Cancer Research.
- Will donations on my Victory Ride fundraising page be matched? Donations made directly to the Victory Ride to Cure Cancer will be matched, up to $5,000, and will go directly to the V Foundation for Cancer Research. The matched amount will not show on your dashboard, but it will double your impact to cancer research!
- Can a donation made at another time be applied to the match? The matching donations will be applied only on specified weeks (KPMG, August 10-16, and Builders Mutual August 17-23, 2020).